The Leyden Group is partnering with several small pharmaceutical companies which are seeking program leadership toxicologists as a result of their pipeline growth. Brief summaries are noted below.
– A Northern California oncology company seeks a PhD with eight or more years of drug safety experience. Experience on discovery and/or development teams and external study management experience needed. Oncology development experience is preferred. This person will be the sole toxicology expert, but will work with other pre-clinical scientists. The position is viable for a remote assignment. (Job #1454)
– A Midwest based (pre-IPO) company has built an elite leadership team in the endocrine disease space. Their VP of Pharm/Tox is seeking an experienced toxicologist to join the company to support their pipeline development and testing strategy/management. A PhD with a few years of relevant experience (preferably within a drug company) is needed. Large molecule experience preferred. This is a succession plan based opening. (Job #1442)
– San Diego area company is seeking an AD/Director/Sr. Director of Toxicology. The company is seeking to develop small molecule genetically targeted compounds, initially on rare disease targets. They seek a PhD with five or more years of experience in drug safety. Reporting to the VP of Early Development, this person will build the toxicology program from scratch, with an early concentration on testing strategies, regulatory approaches and collaboration with discovery colleagues. Remote viable. (Job #1455)
– A Pacific NW based biotherapeutics company, initially focused on cancer is seeking to replace their soon retiring Director of Toxicology. The person should have a PhD and ten or more years of strategic drug safety experience. The position supervises one experienced scientist, so previous management experience is desired. The position reports to the company CSO and is remote viable (Job #1459)
– A Northern California based public company which specializes in fibrotic disease. They seek a person as their Director/Senior Director of Toxicology reporting to a VP Nonclinical Development. The position requires ten or more years of pharma based safety assessment experience to include FDA engagement and drug development strategic experience. The company has also approved the hiring of an AD of Toxicology based on workload, so a leadership capable person is sought. SF Bay area preferred with a flexible work schedule. Remote will be considered. (Job # 1429)